BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 6, 2010

An actual post, for once.

This shall be my first real blog post in about 64 days. Here it goes...

September has swept in with its sidekick, Hurricane Earl. The weather has been absolutely fantastic, but with it comes the crashing end of Summer. I hate to see it go, but Autumn is my favorite season, so it isn't going to kill me.
June, July and August didn't contain much, which is exactly the point. Although I would've loved to visit the seaside during the summer, or gotten some sort of miraculous monetary means thrust upon me, it was very pleasant. I spent loads of time with my amazing friends that I've been so blessed with, and my schoolwork was reduced to only doing math.
I started back up with schoolwork last week, and I'm enjoying it right now, haha. I'm reading "To Kill A Mockingbird", and realllllly liking it. It's kind of confusing as far as time period, because it was written in the 50's and the character is talking about their grandfather owning slaves, but they have all the modern amenities, so I'm a little confused. Haven't started my Geology yet, but it should be fun; I love science. With Algebra 2(yuckkkk), Economics, French and my cpcc stuff, I should be kept busy...
As most of you know, Bethany has transfered to the real world of High School at "Queens Grant Preparatory Academy" for 9th grade. She seems to be enjoying it and, save for one, really likes all her teachers.
Speaking of teachers, I've started rethinking my career choice in Design... I think I'd really make a fine Elementary school teacher. Preferably Art, and preferably Kindergarten. I think it'd be a more worthy cause as far as doing something to better lives... and I think my creativity would be useful. I'd want to teach kids in a more hands-on, creative way than the standard. Inspiring kids seems like a wonderful job... I don't know.

I'll be 17 in 25 days. This scares me.

Am I done...? Eh, I think so. There'll be a picture up later.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't remember the particulars, but perhaps the grandfather merely remembers slaves being owned. The war ended in 1865, so that was only 85 years before 1950, so the grandfather could have been a little kid during the civil war.
(have you never read To Kill A Mockingbird??)

wow, you'll be 17 in 25 days. you're so...young :P.

Lindsay Taylor said...

Well I don' think it's supposed to be present-day in the 50's... and no, I've never read it, haha.

Hey, I'm old! I'm practically a old maid.

Austin said...

Haha I can just see you as a teacher now.... "Miss Linsay, Susan just stole me crayons" XD

haha 17 is old :O

Unknown said...

have you seen the movie? It got 3 Oscars, so you should have :P.

Lindsay Taylor said...

I didn't even know there was a movie!!! :O

Unknown said...

gosh, Lindsay!!! It's Gregory Peck!!!!

^overreaction. Still, he's absolutely brilliant in it. And Robert Duvall plays Boo Radley :D.

Lindsay Taylor said...

Gosh! Sorry I can't be the knower of all things modern literature and film-making like SOME people. :P

Unknown said...

just watch the movie, hahaha. you'll never regret it.

Lindsay Taylor said...

I told my mom there was a movie, and she said "Ewww Gregory Peck? That's ollllld." Haha :P

Unknown said...

old movies are the best. tell her charlie chaplin is my hero, haha.